I Received a Gift Experience - what do I do now?
If you have received a gift experience, it is time to begin your Impressive journey to creating your hand cast.
Firstly, you should read through the information on the sheets you have been given, then pop me an email me at [email protected] with your name and order number (starting with #) Once you send the email to me I will reply with your personal online booking code. You can then go to the 'Make a Booking' page at www.impressivememories.co.uk to choose a date and time that suits you to come and create your hand cast at the studio.
Your order number and online booking code are valid for one year from the purchase date of your gift experience. Please do not let it expire - BOOK NOW!
When you complete the online booking form please use your booking code in the box that asks if you have a gift voucher. This will allow you to use the credit from your voucher to pay the deposit. Please follow the booking instructions shown on the website. That's it!! You'll be booked in!! You now just have to wait until your appointment.
Would you like to join me over on Facebook?
There's lots of examples of hand casts I've done over the years and you're welcome to comment on any of them to speak to me, or the person who it captures. You can find my business page here - look forward to seeing you there!!
I have reviews on social media, Google (yes there are fake ones there too, unfortunately - jealousy is an ugly trait hee hee) and I collate these on my own website too. You're welcome to see what customers who've visited already have said. They're over here
Who am I?
*waves* Hi, I'm Jen. Everything you see online and offline at Impressive Memories is created by moi! All the jewellery, products, lifecasts, website, catalogs, leaflets...all me! (control freak)
I started lifecasting in 2003 when I had my daughter, and began to build my first business 'Impressive Babies'. I left my music teaching career to run my business full time in 2013 and 'Impressive Memories' has grown and flourished, as has my daughter, since.
I am passionate about capturing an emotion or memory and creating it into a tangible work of art that you can touch, hold and feel for a lifetime. I believe in using the very highest standard of raw materials, alongside consistently developing my own skills to an ever-rising level. A perfectionist in detail (and my harshest critic) with the ethos that any item created at Impressive Memories is honouring your most Impressive Memory.
I am on a mission to make YOUR memories tangibly impressive!
- What is the cast made from? A high density, top quality stone powder.
- How long does it take to make the hand cast? You only need to be in the casting material for approx 5 mins. It will take approx 8 weeks to complete your work of art.
- Why does it take so long? Due to the fine and highly dense construction it takes a long time for the cast to dry naturally. To speed it up would have a detrimental effect on your cast in the long run...it would be fine for a few years but then it would begin to deteriorate and could even disintegrate.
- I've seen a cheaper option elsewhere - why should I come to Impressive Memories? It's important that you choose a lifecaster that you know, like and trust to create your hand cast. It's always a good idea to explore all your options. A cheaper product might be created using cheap materials or a cheap moulding compound, maybe it's been artificially dried and compromised for a quick turnaround, it might not have been finished to the high standard I work to (look for lumps and bumps and a poor finish around fingernails etc.) It's also worth checking the time a lifecaster has been working and selling their work to the public. Some issues don't rear their ugly head for 5 years+ Mould, for example, takes a long time to appear and destroy your casting. Chances are that the person who cut corners and sold you a damp cast has moved on to another 'business venture' and won't care or know how to rectify your issue.
- Should I buy a kit and do it myself? This depends on the end goal you want to achieve. A kit can be good fun but the result is uncertain and not guaranteed. You won't have the skills, ability, machinery, techniques or knowledge to create to the standard of an experienced life caster, and if you want to have fun and waste £80 then have a bash. Buying a camera won't make you a photographer, owning a screwdriver doesn't make you a joiner, dancing in your bedroom singing into a hairbrush won't make you a pop star...(sorry to shatter your dreams). If you want to have fun and possibly end up with a dodgy looking cast that looks great inside a dark cupboard - then buy a kit. If you want a high-quality work of art that you're proud of for decades to come - you're in the right place.
- What if I give this as a gift and they don't want it? Don't panic. If the recipient would rather choose a different casting or jewellery or ceramics, that's no problem at all. They can transfer their voucher monetary value to any item at Impressive Memories.
- Can I wear jewellery? Yes, rings can be worn. Wedding bands are inclusive of a standard casting but to include ornate rings with stone settings there's a small additional cost. Jewellery can make your cast even more unique and recognisable as being YOUR hands. If you've been gifted a casting without jewellery you are welcome to upgrade your cast and include them yourself for just £20 per ring.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in touch. I am more than happy to have a chat and answer anything you'd like to know more about. Give me a call on 07837 800 353, email me [email protected], visit me over on Facebook or Instagram