Who’s heading off to school?
- Are you relieved to wave them off back to wonderful school life?
- Maybe you’ll be looking forward to a moment of peace and not hearing “MUUUUM” repeatedly?
- Have you started threatening that bedtime will be becoming earlier yet?
- Does the prospect of going food shopping alone actually sound quite appealing?
Waaaaahhh…The moment feared by many! The BIG day arrives – THEY’RE STARTING SCHOOL!
You feel excited and proud that they are growing up, but sad to watch them becoming more independent and not needing us so much. Realising how precious those first few years are and wanting them to slow down!!
- Is your little person skipping off down the school path, beginning their journey into education?
- Have you been reminiscing and wondering where the hell the last 4 years have gone to?
- Have you ironed name labels onto every piece of fabric? (Did you see the hack to use your hair straighteners instead of the iron? Personally, I’d rather break my iron than my GHD’s…)
Are you lying awake at 3am overthinking?
- What if he doesn’t make friends?
- What if she gets bullied?
- What if they can’t manage the work?
- What if they cry when I go?
Be impressively proud that you have created an independent little sponge who is ready to soak up all the new learning and experiences that school will bring them. Capture this milestone, remember with satisfaction that YOU created this fabulous little human who is now stepping up, and stepping out into their journey. What better reward could you ask for than knowing you helped them begin their expedition?
Mums know how hard it is to let go of that little hand, and teachers do too. That little hand that you’ve nurtured and watch grow. You held it tight and kept them safe, and now it’s time to let it go…just a tiny bit…
So STOP WORRYING about them, because they will be absolutely, perfectly happy…they will have a coat hook AND a tray…with THEIR name on it. Your little sponge will be safe, cared for, looked after, guided, nurtured and ready to flourish – Why? Because YOU gave them everything they needed – go you!!
Celebrate the impressive memories of this special day.
Letting go of that little hand at the school gate. Trusting your most precious possession to skip off along the path, on their new adventure.That little hand that you’ve held so tightly, has grown, and keeps on growing. Where do the years go??? Your little person has reached ANOTHER milestone.
Here at Impressive Memories we prefer to hold on to these moments. Don’t let them fade to a memory…treasure them! It’s time to reward yourself!
Come and Paint a Memory!
Make an impressive memory of that little hand on a beautiful ceramic mug. Treasure the moment and remember how much this little hand has grown, and how much more growing it has ahead of it! A great way to remember this milestone moment.
Why not make one for an Impressive Granny too?